Responsibilities of AVREMA:
- Prepare, maintain and implement the area Disaster Emergency Management Plan.
- Equip and staff the Emergency Operations and Communications Center.
- Provide individual and organizational Emergency Management Training.
- Provide support services to individuals and organization during emergency situations.
- Assist organizations and business with implementation of Emergency Operations Plans.
- Provide an integrated Flood Warning System.
- Coordinate activities with the Allegheny County Emergency Management Program.
- Coordinate activities with the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Association (PEMA).
- Coordinate each municipality’s National Incident Management (NIMS) compliance activities.
Emergency Management Coordinator