CHESWICK BOROUGH CAUCUS MEETING
October 13, 2021
CALL TO ORDER
MOMENT OF SILENCE IN HONOR OF LEWIS G. ACCORSI
OPPORTUNITY FOR CITIZENS TO BE HEARD ON MATTERS CURRENTLY IN FRONT OF COUNCIL
• Review September15th Caucus and September 21st Council meeting minutes.
ZONING OFFICER’S/FIRE INSPECTOR’S REPORT:
BUDGET & FINANCE – Frank Meledandri, Chair:
• Review bill due list #10-21. Bills posted– 09/16/21 – 10/13/21.
• Overview and discussion on strategic short and long term plan.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT & PLANNING – Dan Kokoski, Chair
GENERAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATION – Michael Girardi, Chair:
• Motion to accept resignation of Susan Budz from position of Borough Clerk/
Administrative Assistant effective 10/20/2021.
• Motion to advertise for the position of Borough Clerk/Administrative
PARKS, PUBLIC PROPERTY & RECREATION – Brad Yaksich, Chair:
• Motion to approve Memorandum of Understanding between the Borough of Cheswick and Allegheny Valley School District and the receipt of Allegheny Valley School District’s contribution in the amount of $12,000.00 for improvements to the restroom at McLean Park.
PERSONNEL – Karen Stauffer, Chair:
PUBLIC HEALTH, SAFETY & UTILITIES – Kristina Stiner, Chair:
• Discussion on exercising the 3-year option for Vogel Waste Removal, Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and E-waste.
• Discussion on contracting with Hoffman Boarding Kennels as the Borough’s Dog Law Enforcement Officer at $165/month for 24 months from date of hire. New contract is with slight increase for emergency calls, from $95 to $100, no change in the monthly rate.
• Discussion on contracting with Hoffman Boarding Kennels for stray feline service. The fee for the service is increased from $85/feline or litter to $100/feline or litter for 24 months from date of hire.
PUBLIC WORKS – Kathy Gillard, Chair:
• Motion to hire Justin Walls as a Public Works Part-time Laborer 2 at a rate of $16.00/hour up to 24 hours/week effective 10/18/21. (Seasonal employment ends 10/15/2021)
• Motion to advertise for a bid to line the sanitary sewer on North Highland Avenue with specifications as determined by the Borough Engineer.
• Motion to authorize the Borough Engineer to apply for GEDTF grant for the replacement of the traffic light at Pittsburgh Street and Highland Avenue with a 15% match.
• Update on alley maintenance. Alleys 1,3,6 and 8 tarred and chipped. Others pruned of overgrowth and patched with gravel and/or cold patch.
• Request for Pricing (RFP) sent to local landscaping companies to manage the Borough’s winter street maintenance.
• Update on interview process for Public Works laborer position.
ZONING & CODE ENFORCEMENT – Dan Carroll, Chair:
• Motion to approve Resolution 2021-13, appreciation of the lifetime of outstanding public service by Lewis G. Accorsi to the Borough of Cheswick.