Public Health, Safety & Utility Committee
- Liaison with service providers:
- Fire Department, including overseeing Borough’s interests regarding merger
- Lower Vallev EMS. including overseeing Borough’s interests regarding financial stability
- AVJSA representatives, including Borough’s interests regarding sewage expansion project & service
- Harmar Water Authority, including overseeing implementation of water purchase contract
- Springdale Borough, including overseeing use of Springdale Borough as emergency water backup
- AVRPD, including overseeing Borough·s interests in AVRPD
- AVEMA, including overseeing Borough’s interest with AVEMA
- Dogcatcher, including overseeing Borough ·s use of dogcatcher & contract
- Vogel, including overseeing on refuse contract and promotion of HHW & E-Waste
- Oversee Utility Billing process, including issuance of water bills, past due/delinquent bills. disputed bills.
- Develop and make public health & safety recommendations to Council
- Oversee implementation of Council approved public health & safety recommendations
- Oversee assigned portion of the Budget and exercise authority as per Resolution 2022-2.
Oversee provision of Public Health. Safety, and Utility services to the Borough