Waste & Recycling Management
Vogel Disposal Service, Inc. has been awarded the contract to provide solid waste disposal for Cheswick Borough residents. The contract’s term is for three (3) years effective January 1, 2022, through December 31, 2024.
Basic Curb Service
Basic Curb Service: weekly collection of unlimited solid waste is per individual residential unit for material generated from within the service address. Solid waste should be placed at the curb the night before your scheduled pick-up day.
Included Special Collections:
Electronic Waste and Household Hazardous Waste Collection is four (4) times a year. Please refer to the E-Waste and HHW sections below for details
Schedule & Customer Service
Pick Up Day: Your pick-up day will be Wednesday.
Customer Service: Available Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. 724-625-1511 choose option 1 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.vogeldisposal.com.
Vogel Disposal GUIDELINES For Residential Solid Waste Disposal
CURB SERVICE: Place bags or garbage cans within 5 ft. of the main paved road the night before your scheduled collection day. All trash must be bagged. Containers should be watertight, metal or plastic, with tight fitting covers and handles. Each container should not exceed 40 gallons; each plastic bag should not exceed 40 pounds. DO NOT USE GROCERY BAGS, PAPER BAGS, CARDBOARD BOXES OR 55-GALLON DRUMS AS GARBAGE RECEPTACLES. Any items placed out in this manner will not be collected.
We assume no liability for replacement of any cans or lids.
IDENTIFICATION AND WEATHER: Clearly identify your street number on your mailbox or some type of permanent marker near the road. It’s important to make the containers visible to the driver. In winter months, please remove snow from the area where you place your containers and have a reasonably clear approach path for both the driver and truck. It is highly recommended to close lids and use garbage bags in containers as drivers will not reach into the containers to remove loose items that are frozen to the bottom.
PLACEMENT: Garbage bags or cans should be placed out the night before your scheduled collection day and empty cans removed by the end of the collection day.
ITEMS INCLUDED THAT WILL BE PICKED UP AT THE CURB:
- Household Solid Waste – Is garbage including but not limited to, all table and kitchen refuse and waste, broken glass, and dishware – wrapped securely in heavy paper.
- Large Appliances & Bulky Waste including furniture, appliances such as stoves, washers, dryers, water heaters, other household appliances and furnace pipes. Contact Customer Service at least 24 hours in advance of your collection day for pick-up of large appliances and furniture.
- Appliances that contained refrigerant must have a tag attached certifying that the refrigerant has been removed, this includes refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, ice makers and water coolers.
- Bagged grass cuttings, yard waste including tree trimmings bundled not greater than 24 inches in diameter and 48 inches in length and tree limbs must be less than 3 inches in diameter.
- Mattress/box springs: for our worker’s protection, mattresses must be wrapped in plastic and taped securely closed with duct or packing tape to prevent any possible exposure to infectious pests such as bedbugs, fleas, etc.
MISSED PICK-UP: All requests for missed collection must be made within 24-hours of collection day. If your Garbage is not picked up please call Vogel Disposal at 724-625-1511.
NEEDLES and SHARP OBJECTS: Help us prevent needle sticks to our employees. Place all needles, syringes, and lancets in a hard-plastic container with a tight-fitting lid taped shut. Place with your regular trash NOT the recycling. Wrap all sharp objects, such as broken glass or sharp metal, in heavy paper and tape shut. Please protect our workers!
ITEMS THAT WILL NOT BE PICKED UP THROUGH RESIDENTIAL SERVICE (including, but not limited to):
These items will be accepted if placed in a roll-off dumpster. Please call Customer Service for sizes and rates.
- Large building materials, refuse caused by repairs, remodeling, demolition and/or construction of any structures.
- Paving materials, stones, sand, dirt, sod, concrete, 55-gl drums, grease drums and large vehicle parts.
- Bushes, shrubs & other vegetation with soil attached to root system, tree trunks or tree limbs more than 3” in diameter or 48” in length.
- Wall to wall carpet and padding.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED AND WILL NOT BE PICKED UP with regular curb service.
- Hazardous and pressurized items such as propane/oxygen tanks, gun ammunition, explosives, fireworks, or any material that may be considered hazardous, volatile, radioactive, infectious, or toxic including flammable liquids.
- All tires and asbestos
- Liquid paint
HOLIDAY TREES: Will be picked up in the months of December and January. You must remove decorations. Cut tree so the branch spread is no more than 6 ft. across, and tree length is no more than 6 ft., and not weighing more than 30 lbs.
HOLIDAYS: We close in observance of the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If your scheduled collection day falls on or after a weekday holiday, your collection will be 1 day later that week.
If your scheduled collection day falls before a weekday holiday, there will be no change in your collection day.
There is NO CHANGE to collection for any other “observed” holiday including the following:
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Presidents’ Day
- Good Friday
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (HHW) AND E-WASTE COLLECTION: There will be four dates a year when you can schedule a pick-up of these items. Contact our customer service dept. to schedule at least 10 business days in advance of the collection date. A containment Kit with instructions will be sent to your home prior to your scheduled pick-up date. The kit may not exceed 50 lbs. of acceptable HHW materials. You may place larger items such as long fluorescent lamps, auto batteries and electronics beside the containment bag. Completed containment packages must be collected from the resident’s property with 5-10’ from the curb and may not be collected from the curb or public property. Items must be placed outside the residence no more than 24 hours prior to your scheduled collection date.
ELECTRONIC WASTE: E-waste items including but not limited to TV’s and computers including desktop, laptop, tablet, E-readers, and peripherals including monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer etc. Any device capable of receiving and displaying television or video programming. No more than three (3) TVs/monitors will be collected from any residence on any single occasion.
At-the-Door Household Hazardous Waste & Electronic Waste Collection for Cheswick Borough
WHAT IS HHW?
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is leftover household products that contain corrosive, toxic, ignitable, or reactive ingredients that require careful disposal.
What are the benefits of proper HHW recycling and disposal?
- Conserves resources and energy that would be expended in the production of more products
- Reuse of H HW products saves money and reduces t he need for generating hazardous substances
- Prevents pollution that could endanger human health and the environment
So before you toss it, consider the following:
- Latex paint is not hazardous waste. Consider donating it to community groups or organizations for re-use!
- Many automotive stations, auto parts stores and suppl y stores will accept used motor oil for recycling.
- Automotive batteries may be exchanged at the place of purchase, or turned in at some battery retailers and scrap yards.
REQUEST A KIT
No later than 10 business days before your scheduled collection.
- Please have your address ready and the types and quantities of materials you want picked up.
- You will be scheduled for the first available appointment.
Within 7 days of pick-up, we will send you a kit with instructions and a bag for you to secure all the material. The bag may not excide 50lbs. There is a (1) one bag limit per collection event.
Our Customer Service Representatives will answer any questions about proper disposal for unacceptable materials or quantities larger than 5 gallons.
All containers must be less than 5 gallons, must not be leaking, and must be properly labeled and secured in the packaging from the kit.
- Consumer electronics (computer/monitor, keyboard, other peripherals, printers, televisions)
- Automotive Products (batteries, fluids, motor oil, polishes, waxes, used oil filters and oily rags)
- Garden Chemicals
- Paint (latex, oil-based, stripper, thinners, artists’ paint)
- Household Cleaners (bleach, cleaning compounds, floor stripper, drain cleaner, tile remover & cleaners, rust remover, wood preservatives, non-commercial corrosive chemicals, lye)
- Flammable & Combustible Materials (gasoline and diesel fuel, solvents, certain cleaners/waxes)
- Swimming Pool Chemicals
- Mercury-Containing Devices (thermostats, thermometers, switches, other devices)
- Miscellaneous Household (hobby glue, driveway sealer, other poisonous/flammable/combustible materials, batteries, household fluorescent tubes and CFLs)
- Materials Improperly Packaged
- Biological Wastes
- Construction Materials
- Radioactive Materials (including smoke detectors)
- Unknown/Unlabeled Materials
- Pressurized Cylinders
- Leaking Containers
- Containers Over 5 Gallons
- Commercial Products
- All Medications
- Empty Containers
- Fire Extinguishers
- Liquid Mercury
- Damaged TVs/Monitors
- Business Supplies from Home
- Trash, including bulky items
Schedule an Appointment
We will collect your HHW and electronic waste at your residence by appointment only.
Customer Service: 724-625-1511 (Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00 pm)
Online: Visit us online to send a service request to www.vogeldisposal.com